As it became known to Kommersant, the former person involved in the “swamp case” Alexey Gaskarov was detained for two days under Part 6.1 of Art. 20.2 of the Administrative Code of the Russian Federation (violation of the established procedure for organizing or holding a meeting, meeting, demonstration, procession or picketing). Later he was released from the department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Butyrsky district.
“Alexey Gaskarov was definitely released. I guess they just didn’t bother with him. No one wants personal troubles for themselves, ”his lawyer Svetlana Sidorkina told Kommersant.
“Previously, they wanted to leave him because of article 212 (the” swamp area “case),” she said.
“Everyone started to let go. They punched me through the bases. I was told that I would stay. I prepared myself. Then something changed. And they released me and gave an obligation to appear in court on June 18, ”Alexei Gaskarov told Kommersant.
Alexey Gaskarov was convicted in August 2014. The Zamoskvoretsky District Court sentenced him to three and a half years in prison together with two other defendants in the “swamp case”.
He was released in 2016.
On May 6, 2012, the “March of Millions” ended with clashes between supporters of the opposition and riot police on Bolotnaya Square. The mass arrests of protesters were the beginning of one of the most resonant criminal cases in modern Russia.